Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 1

What is it about dieting and continuously thinking of food? I thought way more about food today than I have in several months. Thus, I am constantly wanting to eat something. I wonder if I really have been eating all the time without really thinking about it. Today I wrote everything down that I ate along with the corresponding calories. Amazingly 3 crackers, 1 0z of cheese (about 1/3 of what I would normally eat), and 1 large apple each have approximately 100 calories. No wonder fruit and vegis are the better choice. I also have been working on drinking the right amount of water (8/8oz glasses) in theory this should help fill me up but it also keeps me running to the bathroom. Hopefully my body will adjust in a few days.

I also managed to go on a 3 mile walk today. My dog was so excited. She also needs to be getting more exercise so this will be good for both of us. Now if I can get through the rest of the evening without snacking!!!!

4 comments:

  1. There is something to be said about being outside to walk/run. I can go much further in my run if I just step outside. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay Alive no matter what occurs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on Chantel! This falls in that important/not urgent category that is tricky. Maybe we can plan a couple of longer woods walks on weekend morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After about 3 - 5 days, it will all start to feel like your new normal. You'll be able to judge portions better, anticipate the hunger and constant desire to munch, and you'll know how to get through it. You'll also notice a huge difference in how you feel, and it will be amazing.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete