Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 2 -- Not so Bad

So I got through last night's munchies by just going to sleep. Kinda a cop out but it worked. However, I did get up 2 times to go to the bathroom. I'm not sure if my body likes the eight glasses of water :)

Today really wasn't that bad, so far no cravings. I did put out some mixed nuts to snack on just in case. I only had two handfuls (maybe 1/2 cup total). I need to go grab some carrots for tomorrow. Dinner tonight will be a little tricky. Wednesday nights are usually a grab and go night. What do you grab and go with a diet? The kids will have frozen pizza (a definite no-no for me).

Went for my walk again today. Also, I have not had a diet coke (or any other soda) for two days!!! If I do well for the rest of the week, I will treat myself to a DC Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Chantel, this is awesome! I am so proud of you! I have recently also decided to eat healthier and so you are inspiring me. My favorite *healthy* grab-and-go snack is a bran muffin and a banana. I make a big batch of refridgerator bran muffins and put it in the fridge and then I bake some in the morning and Naomi and snack on them the rest of the day. (By the way, my biggest weakness is cheese...swiss, medium cheddar, mozzerella, provalone, brie, even goat cheese...I love it all.)Good luck, Chantel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a basket on fruit on the table, already washed, and boiled eggs in the fridge for a quick pick-me-up. I also use almonds. I know, high in fat--but it is the right kind of fat. You need the good kind. Also some foods take more calories to digest than they give you--eggs and lean meats and green vegetables fall into this category. My kids swear that apples do too, but I have my doubts. But apples are high in magnesium and pectin--neither one measured on those nutrition labels, and both essential for good heart health.

    ReplyDelete